Getting a new car is exciting and you will want to keep it looking and running great for a long time. If you are looking for a new car at dealerships like Kia of Auburn – NEW CARS, here are ways to take care of your new car.
Read the Owner’s Manual
You don’t have to read it from cover to cover, but you should familiarize yourself with the basics. It will have a schedule of regular maintenance that needs to be followed. Schedule these to avoid breakdowns and future costly repairs. Also, make sure you know what functions all the buttons and switches perform.
Conduct Regular Maintenance
Here is a checklist of things you need to do:
- Wash and wax your car often to preserve the coat. Clean off bird dropping as soon as possible as they can damage the paint.
- Check these fluid levels at least once a month: oil, brake cylinder reservoir, radiator overflow reservoir and power steering fluid.
- Check the tires twice a month for wear, damage and the right pressure.
- Occasionally inspect the windshield wipers.
- Check and replace windshield washer fluid.
- Rotate and balance the tires. A good time to do this is when you have the oil changed.
- Look at the battery terminals. They can be cleaned with a steel brush or a tablespoon of baking soda dissolved in one cup of water, followed by a water rinse.
- Check antifreeze twice a year before winter and summer.