When it comes to the cream of the crop, monoblock forged alloy wheels are at the top. These are not only far more expensive than their cast alternatives, but a great deal lighter as well! So why do so many experienced racers and car enthusiasts prefer monoblock forged wheels and are willing to shell out the significant difference in cost for them? Perhaps it is the intense and extensive forging process behind their creation? Perhaps it is the fact that they have absolutely no weld joints in them at all? Well, continue reading to find out everything you need to know about monoblock forged wheels and why they are truly considered the best!
The forging process for monoblock forged wheels is quite labor intensive, but the results are well worth it.
- Process begins by taking a large cylindrical bar of alloy and put it through some incredibly high pressure and high temperature forge to make it into more of a wheel shape and remove the current
- Now the block of forged alloy is placed in a spinning machine that will help form the rim and the entire wheel itself.
- Precision machines come and fine tune the wheel so it matches the correct configurations 100%
- Finished product is of the highest quality and is subsequently polished and shipped off!
Qualities of Forged Wheels
- Lightweight – The reason why monoblock alloy wheels are highly sought after is because, since they are stronger and require no welds, they need fewer spokes. Fewer spokes equates to less alloy being used which leads to a much lighter wheel overall!
- Strong – Monoblock forging is an old process for wheels and is something that has been perfected over the decades. It is now akin to an art form and, despite being so labor intensive, it yields the absolute strongest alloy wheels possible. When there is no need for welded joints, there is no weakness. That strength translates into a wheel that needs a lot more force to cause it to bend and can withstand so much more than normal alloy wheels.
- Expensive – You definitely won’t find monoblock forged wheels on the clearance rack because these are hot sellers and they are absolutely worth every penny! Expect to pay big bucks to get these bad boys though!
- Non porous – No pores means no loss in strength, no ability to absorb harmful elements that are picked up during use, and ability to retain their integrity far longer than normal wheels.
Here at Ozzy Tyres we don’t actually create the wheels and tyres, but we make sure that the manufacturers we buy from adhere to the strictest standards in quality and style. One of our favourite types of wheels are the monoblock alloy wheels because their incredibly strength and amazingly light frame make them perfect for luxury vehicles, sports vehicles, and any sort of racing car.
No matter if you’re looking to get a custom set of wheels and tyres from us, or you’re just looking at our fabulous alloy wheels, you’ll find the absolute best Australia has to offer here at Ozzy Tyres!